The Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-Operatives & Consumerism
(MDTCC) (Malay: Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi Dan Kepenggunaan)
is a ministry which established under the Malaysian government, and led by
the incumbent Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-Operatives & Consumerism. MDTCC
formulates policies, strategies and reviews matters related to the
development of domestic trade and consumerism.
Leader in the development of domestic trade, co-operatives and
To provide a conducive business environment for the development of
To steer the nation towards a consumer community who are more conscious
about their rights and an empowered consumer community;
To develop competitive, progressive and resilient co-operatives; and
To foster creativity and innovation through an effective IPR regime.
Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi Dan Kepenggunaan
No. 13, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2
Tel: 603-8882 5500
Fax: 603-8882 5762
Scope of Work for the Ministry:
• Determines and monitors prices of essential goods;
• Issue licences for the sale and distribution of essential goods;
• Issue licences for the sale and distribution of petroleum and
• Coordinates policies, regulations and activities related to the safety
of the petroleum, petrochemical and gas industries;
• Issue licences for the direct selling trade;
• Implements the regulation on metric weights and measures;
• Regulates matters pertaining to companies and businesses based on the
• Encourage good corporate governance practices; and
• Develops and administers the intellectual property protection system.
• Carries out consumer education programmes;
• Enhances programmes on consumer awareness and consumer protection; and
• Encourages and assists consumer movements.